Saturday, April 5, 2008

Tech-No-Logic

If we think that people are all we have to worry about in ministry, we are wrong. In the age of computers, e-mail, texting, blogs, and other instant modes of communication, we have been able to use them for the glory of God. The enemy does not like this and will try to hinder us in any way that he can. I have had computers freeze several times when I was trying to deliver a Word concerning dance ministry. This would also happen to the computers of others that were working on ministry projects for me as well. God is definitely up to something, and the enemy knows we are on the move; However, he cannot stop the move of God!

On the other hand, information technology can be a danger for us too. When we are in rehearsals, do our cell phone ringtones frequently interrupt our progress? Are we thinking about the text message we have to send when we should be worshipping? Many sit in the pews during service moving their hands, but not in praise. Are we overly consumed with social networking, the number of friend requests we have, and how many names we have in our e-mail databases?

The amount that humanity spends in cyberspace is illogical. Let us keep our eyes focused on the Lord so that we remain alert to the enemy's tactics. Let us do a personal inventory to measure how much time we are spending with the Lord versus how much time we spend online and with our electronic devices. Before we are carried away without realizing what is happening, let us make sure that the Lord gets His due.

Proverbs 13:17 (NKJV)
A wicked messenger falls into trouble, But a faithful ambassador brings health.

Luke 16:1-4, 8 (NKJV)
He also said to His disciples: “There was a certain rich man who had a steward, and an accusation was brought to him that this man was wasting his goods. So he called him and said to him, ‘What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your stewardship, for you can no longer be steward.’“Then the steward said within himself, ‘What shall I do? For my master is taking the stewardship away from me. I cannot dig; I am ashamed to beg. I have resolved what to do, that when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.’

So the master commended the unjust steward because he had dealt shrewdly. For the sons of this world are more shrewd in their generation than the sons of light.

No comments: