Sunday, May 24, 2009

Getting Graphic: Visual Ministry

When the Lord used signs, symbols, and imagery, He did so with careful consideration. Employing the use of logos, graphics, and visual representation should not be done without prayer and study. If we do not consult the Lord regarding how He wants us to represent Him, we may indeed misrepresent Him.

Is your dance ministry logo a "stick figure dancer?" Is your mime ministry trademark a masked face or two? Did you purchase your logo from a "do-it-yourself" online service? Is your logo cropped from a larger picture that you did not secure the licensing rights to?

Can you discern which Scriptures are related to the current visuals you use? Are the colors relative to the message you are trying to send? Have you been told that your visual presentation on cards, online, and on printed materials are powerful and invoke a sense of awe in the observer?

If you are not experiencing the benefits of a powerful and accurate logo and ministry graphics, or if you want to improve on the concept that you already have, you will not want to miss this class at DANCE MINISTRY DETOX July 16th-18th in Las Vegas, Nevada.

REGISTER NOW!
Or call (877) 420-4777 for more information.

"Getting Graphic: Visual Ministry"
Workshop Instructor: Robert J. Connor
Graphic Designer and Visual Arts Consultant

Genesis 9:12-15
And God said: “This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.

Hosea 12:10
I have also spoken by the prophets, and have multiplied visions; I have given symbols through the witness of the prophets.

Acts 2:18-20
And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; and they shall prophesy. I will show wonders in heaven above and signs in the earth beneath: blood and fire and vapor of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD.

No comments: