Friday, April 23, 2010

A Running Start

Gaining ground ahead of time will help us to remain stable in the long run. There are some dancers who wrestle with getting everything "perfect" before they make a move forward. Humans are imperfect, but the Lord is perfect. When we allow Him to lead and guide us, His will can manifest in our lives. Stepping out on faith means that we may only have one Word from the Lord, but that one word should be enough to get us moving.

Preparation in advance will sustain us over the journey. Waiting to read the Word of God until we are in a bind or failing to give ourselves sufficient time to dedicate to prayer and worship will become evident as we minister. On the natural side of things, training, reading, research, and linking with experienced people will allow the dance ministry to operate realistically and wisely. We do not have to wait to begin a work until we have all of the elements in place, but counting the cost beforehand will let us know what it takes to complete the work.

As a personal testimony, the Lord told me to start a dance company in Las Vegas several years ago. He instructed me to prepare in advance before making a call for dancers. I got on my face and prayed for 4 years, asking Him to send the dancers for the company. I wrote down the vision and wrote class descriptions. Then I waited for His signal to go forth. You could say that I was in position at the starting line. In the meanwhile, He opened doors for me to minister solo throughout Las Vegas, meeting many dancers and connecting with the community and pastors. He then let me know that it was time to start the company. I stepped out on faith and secured a dance studio, spread the word, and the dancers showed up! One year later, Reign Dance Company is over 25 strong and growing. GOD IS FAITHFUL!

Preparation starts long before we show up for the race. We can get a running start by: Reading the Word of God (not for dance specifically, but to be able to know His voice. Knowing the Word will also greatly aid in Divine choreography), writing the vision God gives, praying faithfully, taking dance classes, researching other dance ministries, reading dance ministry books, attending conferences and workshops, obtaining proper garment resources, and staying open to the Lord's instruction- just to name a few. Though we may not have all of these elements in place at the same time, when we prepare to obey in advance, we will gain ground that will allow us to endure even in difficult seasons. How we run this race matters. Let's make sure to have what we need to obtain the prize.

New King James Bible Version

2 Samuel 22:30
For by thee I have run through a troop: by my God have I leaped over a wall.

Psalm 119:32
I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.

Habakkuk 2:2
And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

1 Corinthians 9:24
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

Philippians 2:16
Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

No comments: