Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hearing Aid

Dance is a visual ministry. Before we can show a picture of the Word in motion, we must first hear what the Lord is saying. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. We must not only hear the Word, but also understand and apply it. When we put these principles into practice, anointed and effective movement ministry will result.

Music is produced to be heard. It is important now more than ever before that the "words" that we are sending out with movement foster faith in others. Sound systems, CDs, music players, sufficient volume and amplification assist with getting the Word out. If there is anything that compromises the hearing of the Word, the ministry suffers. Though motion can still go forward with technical difficulties, it is important to remember that the Word does the work and the dance is an aid to help people to remember it.

In essence, movement ministry serves as a "hearing aid" so that the Word of the Lord can remain in the hearts of the people. Seeing the Word go forth may help others to recall the message in the song that might not have been as memorable through hearing alone. We paint a picture for the world to see. It is often quoted that "A picture is worth a thousand words." In the Kingdom sense, the Word is far more valuable than pictures will ever be.

1 Samuel 9:15-16 (NKJV)
Now the LORD had told Samuel in his ear the day before Saul came, saying, “Tomorrow about this time I will send you a man from the land of Benjamin, and you shall anoint him commander over My people Israel, that he may save My people from the hand of the Philistines; for I have looked upon My people, because their cry has come to Me.”

Psalm 78:1 (NKJV)
Give ear, O my people, to my law; Incline your ears to the words of my mouth.

Isaiah 50:4-5 (NKJV)
“The Lord GOD has given Me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear to hear as the learned. The Lord GOD has opened My ear; And I was not rebellious, nor did I turn away.

Revelation 13:9 (NKJV)
If anyone has an ear, let him hear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reign Dancer,
Thanks for playing a special part in God's Kingdom filling in the silence with messages of God's beauty and grace for people to take with them. It's important for people to hear the Word, but most people don't read it anymore. We have to live out Christ in front of them and take in His Word regularly to stay refreshed. I use free audio bibles to help those who can't read hear the Word. I found a ministry at www.faithcomesbyhearing.com