Monday, April 13, 2009

Grace Period Expired

Obedience is crucial to success. A while back, I shared the testimony of how the Lord instructed me to write about dance ministry each day for an entire year. The task was completed and since then, the Lord has opened the windows of Heaven over my life. Although my current assignments require much work on my part (faith without works is dead), without the disipline that writing daily instilled in my life, I would not be ready for the doors He has now opened for me.

Sometimes we continue tasks beyond our appointed time. When we do this, we exhaust the grace that we have to maintain our dedication to the assignment. We place ourselves in danger when our once bubbling brooks turn into stagnant swamp water. What was awesome yesterday may indeed be a hindrance today. Let's not let our past successes become a set up for failure. God does not operate according to formulas. We must be diligent in seeking Him.

Faithfulness to the Lord is not based on a timeline. Serving in the same place for years is not faithfulness if we have been instructed to move forward long ago. Obedience determines faithfulness. When we are diligent to follow His instructions, He will reward us. If we continue to stay in a place, position, location, or assignment beyond our "grace period," we will find ourselves accomplishing tasks in our own strength.

2 Samuel 20:5
So Amasa went to assemble the men of Judah. But he delayed longer than the set time which David had appointed him.

Psalm 102:13
You will arise and have mercy on Zion; For the time to favor her, Yes, the set time, has come.

Daniel 2:21
And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise And knowledge to those who have understanding.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings in the matchless name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I've been reading this post again and again as I reflect on the dance ministries in my church. One is the senior dance ministry, the other, which I direct, is the youth and young adult.

I spoke to the Elder of our church about my hunger to study the Word more not only as it pertains to God's purpose for my life, but as it also pertains to the ministry I direct and belong.

As I read about dance in the Bible, seek out other dance ministries through blogs such as yours, look for workshops, praise dance clothing sites, dance classes, listen to music on a regular basis, etc. I share anything I've learned with the other dancers.

I desire to not only share but to have an exchange with the other dancers on their findings, learning experiences, thus far I'm finding myself on a one sided exchange.