Monday, March 31, 2008

He Restoreth My Sole

The Lord is a Protector and a Shield for us. We must realize that hurt comes with the territory of ministry. Even though we do not look forward to pain, we must understand that this develops character, compassion, and longevity. We must pray for our dance ministries on a regular basis so that we do not get trapped by the many pitfalls that await us when we pledge allegiance to the Kingdom of God.

Some of the pitfalls include arguments, pride, betrayal, envy, abandonment, rejection, discouragement, criticism, competition, etc. Some dancers may be sources of discord within the ministry. The key is to not take any of these attacks personally. We must recognize the spirit behind the activity and put the sword of the Spirit (the Word of God) to work. We wrestle not against flesh and blood.

We must be on guard concerning the spiritual condition of each of our ministries. We must aim to remain alert and address issues as they arise quickly. During each rehearsal, we must pray (for each other, our churches, communities, etc.), study the Word (and know which scriptures support the dances we are rehearsing), and keep the assignment and vision of the ministry at the forefront. When we acknowledge the Lord in all our ways, we will stay on the path that He has ordained.

Psalm 18:2 (NKJV)
"The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

Psalm 91:11-13 (NKJV)
"For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone. You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot."

Matthew 18:7 (NKJV)
"Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!"

No comments: