Monday, March 3, 2008

May I Ask, Who's Calling?

Understanding your function in the Body will help ease frustration along the movement ministry journey. There is a difference between being a liturgical dancer and a movement minister. The lines in between the two vary greatly, depending upon where you may be in your relationship with the Lord and the understanding of your calling.

Anyone can be a liturgical dancer. Not everyone is a sincere praiser, worshipper, or minister. You may start with the basics and the Lord will develop you as you move in Him. The understanding of your function as a dancer will help you decide which invitations to accept and which to decline. I have been propelled into the arena of ministry in dance and prophetic movement. This means that I am often frustrated during many traditional "dance concerts" and "stage productions" because my assignment is not necessarily to be watched. I am a dancer on Kingdom assignment.

We must be secure enough to know when to say no. When I am unable to accept an invitation to dance, I will offer an alternate dancer or ministry that may be a better fit for what the host is looking for. This does not mean that I think that I am better than anyone else. The Lord has not called the ministry He has given me to provide entertainment for people. We must continue to ask the Lord to lead us in the paths that He ordains, and obey His direction.

Isaiah 1:12-14 (NKJV)
“When you come to appear before Me,
Who has required this from your hand,
To trample My courts?
Bring no more futile sacrifices;
Incense is an abomination to Me.
The New Moons, the Sabbaths, and the calling of assemblies—
I cannot endure iniquity and the sacred meeting.
Your New Moons and your appointed feasts
My soul hates;
They are a trouble to Me,
I am weary of bearing them."

1 comment:

PoetryDaughter said...

i agree with your article and like what you have to say. could you expound more on the differences between a liturgical dancer and a movement minister? i really enjoy reading.