Friday, June 20, 2008

eMOTION

It is often viewed as "performance" when a gospel dancer moves without emotion. To be emotionally invested in something means that we care and find value in it. The opposite spectrum reveals those who are a bit "too emotional," so emotional that they cannot make it through a dance without falling apart. If the experience comes from a place prompted by the Spirit, then by all means, emote!

A face that is frozen in a permanent smile does not always convey the truth of the piece that we are presenting. A strong look that can appear to be anger should not be plastered on our faces either. His leading will teach us the delicate balance of the appropriate expressions to use for the message. It is good practice to observe our faces in a mirror or watch ourselves on tape to get a true assessment of what our faces reveal.

There is a time to cry, laugh, and dance! We should let no one tell us that we are to be unemotional about our relationship with God. Knowing the Lord on a personal level will render you overwhelmed with love deeper than can be described. Let us express the truth of our love for Him. Get emotional!

Genesis 21:6 (NKJV)
And Sarah said, “God has made me laugh, and all who hear will laugh with me.”

Genesis 29:11 (NKJV)
Then Jacob kissed Rachel, and lifted up his voice and wept.

1 Samuel 2:1 (NKJV)
[Hannah’s Prayer] And Hannah prayed and said:“My heart rejoices in the LORD; My horn is exalted in the LORD. I smile at my enemies, Because I rejoice in Your salvation.

Psalm 126:5 (NKJV)
Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.

Song of Solomon 2:6 (NKJV)
His left hand is under my head, and his right hand embraces me.

No comments: