Monday, June 9, 2008

Sole Objective

Our feet are powerful indicators of position, territory, and authority. We must be careful where we place our feet. The location of our feet determine what we stand for, what we stand on, and what we stand against. Our feet can be used to claim a territory for the Kingdom, and they can be used to destroy people, places, and things.

Stamping our feet can be done as a rebuke against sin and evil. When the Word talks about stamping feet, it is in the context of sin that has taken place. Often in "warfare" style dances, rhythmic movement is used to stamp out sin and sound the advancement of the people of God against the workings of darkness. As the spirit realm is real, we must exercise care when faced with any type of warfare and direct confrontation of the enemy. We must understand what we are doing to avoid casualties.

Walking in an unworthy manner can represent disonor and irreverance. Our feet are not authorized to walk wherever we see fit. When the Lord directs our steps, our feet are to be where He has ordained. As we continue to follow the Lord in life and in ministry, we must remember that we are not led by our feet, but by the Spirit.

Joshua 1:3 (NKJV)
Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses.

2 Samuel 22:43 (NKJV)
Then I beat them as fine as the dust of the earth; I trod them like dirt in the streets, and I spread them out.

Ezekiel 6:11 (NKJV)
Thus says the Lord GOD: “Pound your fists and stamp your feet, and say, ‘Alas, for all the evil abominations of the house of Israel! For they shall fall by the sword, by famine, and by pestilence.

Ezekiel 25:6-7 (NKJV)
For thus says the Lord GOD: “Because you clapped your hands, stamped your feet, and rejoiced in heart with all your disdain for the land of Israel, indeed, therefore, I will stretch out My hand against you, and give you as plunder to the nations; I will cut you off from the peoples, and I will cause you to perish from the countries; I will destroy you, and you shall know that I am the LORD.

Jeremiah 12:10 (NKJV)
Many rulers have destroyed My vineyard, They have trodden My portion underfoot; They have made My pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.

No comments: