Thursday, July 17, 2008

Out of Sight, Out of Mind

Sin impairs vision. Because the Lord cannot look upon sin, He has to turn away from it. Wickedness will cause us to have impaired spiritual sight, as we are not able to clearly see the Lord's leading in our lives. If we are operating in movement ministry and habitually practicing sin, it will become apparent that we are disconnected from the Lord. What is done in the dark comes to light.

If we love Him, we are to keep His commandments. Hypocrisy has become a stain on the reputation of the church beyond the pulpit. The worship arts realm is especially vulnerable because of the many "fans" that are attracted to artistic giftings and the prospect of financial gain resulting from these talents. We must guard ourselves from being blindsided by sin. This will allow us to have the maximum impact as ministers of dance.

Dancers should not feel comfortable with ungodly lifestyles in a ministry that keeps God at the forefront through prayer, Bible study, and worship. The first ministry that must take place begins with us. A lifestyle of holiness should cause others to want to follow Jesus as well. When we seek Him in our personal prayer time and devotion, He will make his glory visible in us to those around us.

2 Chronicles 7:20 (NKJV)
Then I will uproot them from My land which I have given them; and this house which I have sanctified for My name I will cast out of My sight, and will make it a proverb and a byword among all peoples.

Jeremiah 4:1 (NKJV)
“If you will return, O Israel,” says the LORD,“Return to Me; And if you will put away your abominations out of My sight, then you shall not be moved.

Jeremiah 15:1 (NKJV)
Then the LORD said to me, “Even if Moses and Samuel stood before Me, My mind would not be favorable toward this people. Cast them out of My sight, and let them go forth.

Psalm 10:4-5 (NKJV)
The wicked in his proud countenance does not seek God; God is in none of his thoughts. His ways are always prospering; Your judgments are far above, out of his sight

No comments: