Monday, May 19, 2008

Danceaholics Anonymous

It can be exciting to pursue our callings and be successful at it. When a passion becomes an obsession, then we are headed for trouble. Dance can be very rewarding, but can consume our lives if we are not careful. There are some people who love dance more than they love the Lord. If we fall into this temptation, then we can unknowingly invite idolatry to enter our hearts.

Those who are blessed to minister through dance must love the Lord above all else. Trained professional dancers spend countless hours in classes and rehearsals. With schedule overload, there is little room for anything else. Although committment and faithfulness are important factors in dance ministry, real success comes from the quality of the time we spend in the Lord's presence.

If we overextend ourselves through overbookings, extended rehearsals, dancing in multiple productions, etc., we may find ourselves being discouraged when things take an unexpected turn. This can come in the form of injuries, sickness, strained interpersonal relationships, financial need, and more. It is not always the case that spiritual forces are at work. It may just be that we have worked the body too hard, neglected to reach out to friends and family, spent too much money on dance products, and so on. When we remember our first love, then He will help us to bring all things into order.

Psalm 127:2 (NKJV)
It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows; For so He gives His beloved sleep.

Ecclesiastes 5:7 (NKJV)
For in the multitude of dreams and many words there is also vanity. But fear God.

Isaiah 49:3-5 (NKJV)
“And He said to me, ‘You are My servant, O Israel, In whom I will be glorified.’ Then I said, ‘I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and in vain; Yet surely my just reward is with the LORD, and my work with my God.’

1 Corinthians 15:10 (NKJV)
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats Awesome,You said all the right things,Thanks For Being REAL!

Bro.Nick Wells