Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Slip and Slide

Things happen. Sometimes people are so quick to jump to conclusions when "unplanned interruptions" occur in ministry. A ministry mishap does not automatically mean that the Lord is not pleased with a dancer or that the enemy is on the attack. There are definitely times when the enemy will try to distract us or stop us from moving forward. There are also times when equipment is faulty, the floor is slippery, and human agility malfunctions.

We pray that all goes well each and every time that we dance before the people. When missteps occur, the dancer may try to blame himself or herself for the error. If he or she knows that a warning was given to them in advance by the Holy Spirit, then the lesson is to remain obedient. If someone else is to blame, frustration may set in against the individual who may be assumed to be the culprit. We must always pray for everyone involved in making the movement ministry possible. It is important to stay humble before the Lord, and commit every step to Him.

There can be times in choreography when we may show someone falling or slipping. This is appropriate when coupled with the message during the presentation. We must not take for granted the safety of properly executing these types of movement. We must not let the fear of falling hinder us from demonstrating more advanced choreography. No matter what happens, when we earnestly desire to please the Lord in our lives, He will watch over us for our good.

2 Samuel 22:37 (NKJV)
You enlarged my path under me; So my feet did not slip.

Psalm 17:5 (NKJV)
Uphold my steps in Your paths, that my footsteps may not slip.

Psalm 26:1 (NKJV)
Vindicate me, O LORD, for I have walked in my integrity. I have also trusted in the LORD; I shall not slip.

Psalm 37:30-31 (NKJV)
The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, and his tongue talks of justice.
The law of his God is in his heart; None of his steps shall slide.


Psalm 94:18 (NKJV)
If I say, “My foot slips,” Your mercy, O LORD, will hold me up.

No comments: