Thursday, May 22, 2008

Furnished for Victory

The Lord furnishes His dwelling place. From the tabernacle of Moses to the many mansions in the Father's house, the Lord understands the importance of preparing His temple. The Lord's furniture is often depicted as a heavenly throne, with the earth as His footstool.

The more enemies that we have, the larger the "footstool" or platform we will have. It is easier to stand on a larger platform than a smaller one. We must be careful when we are making enemies amongst ourselves. Our unwillingness to reconcile will only be an opportunity for our opponents to prosper. Romans 12:18 reminds us, "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." We do not have to be enemies just because we disagree.

We all have enemies if we are standing for the cause of Christ. Unfortunately, some of these enemies are those who are supposed to be brothers and sisters of the faith. Most of us would rather not have enemies, but when we realize the need for opposition, we can get in a position to receive the promise. In the spiritual aspect, we need the necessary "furniture" in place for us to have success in the face of the enemy.

Esther 7:8 (NKJV)
When the king returned from the palace garden to the place of the banquet of wine, Haman had fallen across the couch where Esther was. Then the king said, “Will he also assault the queen while I am in the house?” As the word left the king’s mouth, they covered Haman’s face.

Psalm 23:5 (NKJV)
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.

Psalm 110:1 (NKJV)
The LORD said to my Lord,“Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”

Isaiah 66:1 (NKJV)
Thus says the LORD:“Heaven is My throne, and earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?

No comments: