Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Time to Remember

Though we do not live in the past, we can use it as a tool. Remembering what the Lord has done will remind us that He still works things out for our good. When we review what the Lord has promised, then we build our faith concerning His calling on each of our lives. Revisiting a "God Moment" in dance ministry will remind us of the sweet fragrance of His presence, so that we may long to be in that place again.

Rehashing old memories, hurts, disappointments, and setbacks will hinder us from moving forward. We must rehearse the scriptures more than we rehearse any dance routine. Filling ourselves with the Word of God will cause choreography to flow more easily and "speak" in a way that it never has before.

Remember why He called you. Remember your passion for dance as ministry. Remember how He delivered you from the hand of the enemy. Remember how many lives have been impacted because of your obedience. Remember to seek Him daily. Remember that He has placed you in this time and season to give Him the glory. Remember the Lord thy God...

Genesis 9:16 (NKJV)
The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.”

Numbers 15:40 (NKJV)
And that you may remember and do all My commandments, and be holy for your God.

Psalm 42:4 (NKJV)
When I remember these things, I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go with the multitude; I went with them to the house of God, With the voice of joy and praise, With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast.

Psalm 45:17 (NKJV)
I will make Your name to be remembered in all generations; Therefore the people shall praise You forever and ever.

No comments: