Saturday, February 2, 2008

De-light Thyself

I will never forget when the Lord spoke these words into my spirit: "Delight thyself!" Initially, I began to rejoice and laugh because I felt so special that the Lord would speak to me. He then said, "Sit down. Turn of everything that 'turns you on.' The Light that you are to shine is not from you or because of you. This Light is not artificial, but supernatural. It is not your light, but Mine." I was stunned.

I can only truly rejoice in Him when I have removed myself from the equation. Just like a lampshade conceals some of the light that a lamp can cast forth, our flesh can conceal the Light that is supposed to shine through us. Improper attitudes, pride, rivalries, over-zealousness, and competition can hinder the ability of people to see Jesus through us and ultimately affects our ability to minister.

We cannot even let our beautiful garments, choreography or "anointed" reputations stand in the way of the True Light shining through our lives. Being transparent before the Lord allows His full Glory to be revealed through us. It is time to remove anything in our lifes that would cause people to see us instead of Jesus. De-light thyself in the Lord...

John 1: 1-4 (Referring to Jesus)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

John 1: 8-9 (Referring to John the Baptist)
He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.

No comments: