Friday, February 15, 2008

You Look Just Like Your Father...

The Lord made each of us unique and in His image. Isn't it awesome how we are all created in His likeness, but we are all different? God is truly amazing and beyond what we can comprehend. This is why it is important to move the way that He has Divinely orchestrated.

There are forms of movement that are universal, but each of us has been given a specific way to interpret it. People still walk up to me after several years of dancing and say, "You are so unique," or "I have never seen anything like that before," and so on. I admit that it made me uncomfortable once upon a time because I felt like I must have been doing something wrong (or that I was a "wierdo"). Now I embrace the wonderful way in which the Lord directs and orders my steps.

Walk in the way that He would have you, even if you have never seen it done before. There is no need to try to imitate someone else's gifting. The Lord has given each and every one of us a special place in the Body. We should not dance for the applause and approval of men. When we are found doing what He has designed us to, then we will surely soar in ministry. Dare to be different!

Psalm 139:14 (NKJV)
"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well."


Please enjoy this video by Lady Walquer:

No comments: