Friday, January 25, 2008

All God's Children

We can never underestimate the ability of children to experience the power of God. Countless children's dance groups stand before the congregation week after week, but it is obvious that they are not expected to know the Lord for themselves. I remember worshipping the Lord at at very early age. Not only was I expected to understand the Word when I was young, but to do it as well.

We are to train up children in the way that they should go. It breaks my heart to see so many of our youth dancing in the name of Jesus, but doing movements in the sacntuary from BET and MTV. I have heard crowds cheer loudly when the children incorporate the latest dance craze in their "ministry" presentation. What message does this send to our children?

I am a living witness that young people (and adults) can be taught to praise and worship God from a place of truth. In this world that we live in, we must no longer teach our children to be hypocrites- dancing about a God they do not know. Let us begin a new training season in the lives of our children.

"O God, You have taught me from my youth; and to this day I declare Your wondrous works." Psalm 71:17 (NKJV)

Enjoy this video from the Victory Praise Dancers.

No comments: