Saturday, January 5, 2008

Through Thick and Thin

Many make New Year's resolutions to lose weight (once again). I have struggled with my weight since childhood, and let me tell you, it has not been easy. In dance ministry, heavier dancers are often not taken seriously, talked about, and ridiculed. Unfortunately, much of this criticism also comes from within the dancer who may be struggling.

I have been on both the thin side and the thick side of dance ministry. I am on the thick side now (smile), but am working to bring things back "in order" with improved nutrition and exercise. Thank the Lord that I have not stopped dancing just because I am bigger. (I admit that I tried to convince myself to... but the Lord sent several people to minister to me and pull me through). I encourage you that if you are stuggling in this area, dance your way through to the glory of God.

Yes, it is easier to minister on the lighter side. I am not out of breath or lightheaded when my weight is under control. I must remind myself that "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Romans 8:1- KJV

It's time to WALK by faith.

No comments: