Thursday, January 31, 2008

Short Circuit

There have been times in dance ministry over the years that I have danced on "the circuit." At the time, I did not realize it, but I dance on many programs with the SAME groups, SAME dancers, SAME emcees, SAME programs, SAME song. Although I was familiar (comfortable) with the churches, programs, and events, I did not want to hear my name called out from the audience just because someone out there was familiar with me.

I began to desire to expand my circle and meet new people. I was blessed to travel to and teach at dance and worship conferences outside of my area and met many wonderful people. Over the years, I again found myself on "the circuit." SAME groups, SAME dancers, SAME emcees, SAME programs, SAME song.

What this has taught me is to keep my eyes and ears open as the Lord directs me into new areas, leads me to new people, and presents new opportunities. I am grateful for the long term relationships that He has given me, but I am open to new circles of influence. When I begin to see a pattern of staying the same, I realize that it is time to step into another place in Him.

Joshua 1:9 (NKJV)
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

No comments: