Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Not Unto Us

I have received several requests to provide training from dance ministries in need of mentoring. I have a passion to teach and assist the worship arts community to succeed in their specific area of calling from the Lord.

Several years ago, a dance ministry that I was mentoring danced at a public outreach event. One of my friends in the dance ministry commented, "They look JUST like you!" I was immediately convicted. I realized that the point of mentoring is not to make people like you, but to assist them in becoming what God has designed them to be.

I have one of the wisest women in the world for a mentor. She is not a worship artist, published author, or millionaire. What she has given me has made me rich in substance. I will always remember an important bit of wisdom she shared with me: "I will share my experiences with you. You do not have to be like me. Listen to the Lord and follow Him."

In leading others, be careful not to take the credit for what the Lord is doing in their lives. We are being transformed into the image of Christ, not of each other.

No comments: